REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(ENPI EAST COUNTRIES FLEG II PROGRAM)
Consultant for an Analytical Study on the Value of Forest Functions for Local Population of Azerbaijan – Project Title: “Forest Law Enforcement and Governance II Program - ENPI East FLEG II Program”
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is implementing an agreement with World Bank and intends to apply part of the funding for supporting this 50% position in Azerbaijan.
The services include:
- Conduct survey according to the methodology developed specifically for Analytical Study on the Value of Forest Functions for Local Population in ENPI FLEG program countries;
- Gather information on forest functionality in selected regions of Azerbaijan;
- Input collected data into the developed database and analyze results;
- Prepare county specific analytical study on the Value of Forest Functions for Local Population in Azerbaijan (in Azerbaijani and in English languages);
- Present the results of the work done to local communities;
- Participate in the regional conference on forest functionality if needed and present results of the Study to wide range of stakeholders;
- Participate in the preparation of the publications of the results of the Study and making results available on national level (through websites, publications, media, radio/TV), and
- Provide assistance in developing of the regional peer reviewed article if needed.
This is a 9 month, 50% position with the possibility of extension, provided the candidate successfully implements the assignment and complies with the terms of his/her contract that is based on concrete deliverables.
An individual with proven leadership and management capability and at least 5 years of relevant professional experience. The following are minimum qualifications:
- Master or higher degree in environmental economy, forest and natural resource management or other related subject;
- Prior experience in conducting surveys and research on economic valuation of the forest and environmental services or in other related fields;
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the current issues of forest management and governance in Georgia as well as knowledge and acquaintance with governmental structures and other stakeholders;
- Knowledge and understanding of and working experience with IUCN regulations and guidelines as well as strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in different cultural contexts;
- Proven ability to prepare and write high quality reports in economic valuation of the forest and ecosystem services or in other related fields;
- Fluency in written and spoken Azerbaijan and English;
- Computer literacy, including the use of MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word or similar office applications, acquaintance with the principles of statistical analysis, as well as proficiency in performing internet research to support documents that may be required for program implementation.
The IUCN now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing their services. Interested consultants must provide their CVs with information demonstrating that they are qualified to perform the Services.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out the IUCN Human Resources manual.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 17:00 hours local time.
CVs must be delivered to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by August 06, 2015.
Attn: Azer Garayev, ENPI FLEG Country Program Coordinator Azerbaijan