REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Assignment Title: Consultant for Support of governance in forests managed by local authorities in Ukraine
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is implementing an agreement with World Bank and intends to apply part of the funding for supporting this consultant position in Ukraine.
The Consulting services include:
- Developing materials for training the representatives of local authorities and communities about their rights in forest governance and about existing mechanisms to ensure these rights include and reflect their participation in the governance of forests with a special focus on communal forests;
- Conducting trainings for the representatives of local authorities and communities about their rights in forest governance and about existing mechanisms to ensure these rights include and reflect their participation in the governance of communal forests; and developing a handbook for local authorities and communities about their rights and privileges to govern and access communal forests and upon which the training materials are based.
An individual with proven research capabilities and at least 5 years of relevant professional experience is required. The following are minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor or higher (preferably PhD) degree in forest and/or natural resource management, environmental economy, or other related subject;
- Prior experience in conducting surveys and research on development of communal forests, trainings in forest management, stakeholder involvement or in other related fields;
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the current issues of forest management and governance in Ukraine as well as knowledge and acquaintance with governmental structures and other stakeholders;
- Knowledge and understanding of and working experience with IUCN regulations and guidelines will be an asset as well as strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in different cultural contexts;
- Proven ability to prepare and write high quality reports;
- Fluency in written and spoken Ukrainian and good working knowledge of English and Russian;
- Computer literacy, including the use of MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word or similar office applications, acquaintance with the principles of statistical analysis, as well as proficiency in performing internet research to support documents that may be required for program implementation.
The IUCN now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing their services. Interested consultants must provide their CVs with information demonstrating that they are qualified to perform the Services.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011)
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours, from 10:00 to 18:00 local time.
CVs must be delivered to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by December 20, 2015.
Attn: Roman Volosyanchuk, ENPI FLEG Country Program Coordinator in Ukraine
Tel: +380 96 534 30 54