REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Assignment Title: Consultant on the Improvement of stakeholder involvement in decision-making processes in the forest sector of Ukraine
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is implementing an agreement with World Bank and intends to apply part of the funding for supporting this consultant position in Ukraine.
The Consulting services include:
- Developing recommendations on establishing and streamlining the State Forest Resources Agency’s network web-sites within a unified system.
- Contributing to the preparation of a ToR for the development of a unified official web-portal of the SFRA
- Support to the establishment of the SFRA unified official web-portal;
- Improving a pilot web-site on public monitoring of environmental problems in the section related to forest issues.
An individual with proven research capabilities and at least 5 years of relevant professional experience is required. The following are minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor or higher degree in public relations, internet-resources development, stakeholder involvement, forest and natural resource management or other related subject;
- Prior experience in conducting surveys and research on public transparency and related fields;
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the current issues of forest management and governance in Ukraine as well as knowledge and acquaintance with governmental structures and other stakeholders;
- Knowledge and understanding of and working experience with IUCN regulations and guidelines as well as strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in different cultural contexts;
- Proven ability to prepare and write high quality reports;
- Fluency in written and spoken Ukrainian. Good working knowledge of English will be considered as an advantage;
- Computer literacy, including the use of MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word or similar office applications, acquaintance with the principles of statistical analysis, as well as proficiency in performing internet research to support documents that may be required for program implementation.
The IUCN now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing their services. Interested consultants must provide their CVs with information demonstrating that they are qualified to perform the Services.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011)
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours, from 10:00 to 18:00 local time.
CVs must be delivered to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by September 19, 2015.
Attn: Roman Volosyanchuk, ENPI FLEG Country Program Coordinator in Ukraine
Tel: +380 96 534 30 54