REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION)
ENPI East FLEG II – European Neighborhood and Partnership Instrument East Countries Forest Law Enforcement and Governance II Program
Assignment Title: ENPI FLEG Communications Officer (REG/C/IC/8)
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) has secured financing from the World Bank toward the cost of implementing phase II of the ENPI East FLEG II Program, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The services include BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Collaborate with the other FLEG IO’s to create the Regional/Fall ENPI FLEG newsletter;
- Prepare necessary documents and participate in the annual FLEG Steering Committee meeting in Moldova in September 2015 as IUCN’s member of the Joint Communications Team (JCT);
- Collaborating with the IUCN FLEG Country Program Coordinators, the consultant will create and distribute through the IUCN and FLEG communications channels approximately 12-20 stories based on FLEG results;
- Working with FLEG team to produce a publication about Forest Dependency studies and to prepare for synthesizing 7 country reports into one Forest Dependency summary.
- On-going work with the JCT (Joint Communications Team – representing the 3 IO’s) helping coordinate the creation, synthesis and reporting on the ENPI FLEG website; (ongoing)
- Maintaining the oversight of the FLEG website and working with CPCs on in-country communications products to ensure that proper Branding is/has occurred to attribute funding to ADA and EC in the proper way using agreed-upon branding templates and visibility guidelines. (ongoing);
- Planning and tracking the process of knowledge generation and uptake so that tasks/activities are linked to a strategic approach with defined target audiences and desired impacts, and to create ‘feedback loops’ to help determine whether particular communications approaches for learning are effective or not.
This is a twenty-two months assignment with the possibility of extension provided the consultant successfully implements the assignment and complies with the terms of his/her contract.
The position requires an individual with proven experience in English language editing and proof reading and some knowledge of forest and natural resource management issues. Consultant should have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience. The following specific qualifications must be met:
- A University degree in communications, journalism, digital media, and/or related field;
- Excellent writing skills and ability to synthesize complex information into clear and accessible prose;
- Previous practical experience in in developing infographics and preparing reports/stories;
- Computer literacy with the use of a number of communications tools and basic graphic design experience;
- Experience in working in the field of Nature Resources and Conservation;
- Familiarity or prior work experience with FLEG, World Bank, IUCN, WWF or other international forest conservation organization;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when dealing with sensitive political issues, and willingness to work across time zones if necessary.
The IUCN now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing their services. Interested consultants must provide their CVs with information demonstrating that they are qualified to perform the Services.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011)
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 17:00 local time.
CVs must be delivered to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by July 24, 2015.
Attn: Richard Aishton, Program Coordinator - ENPI FLEG
Tel: +41 22 999 0316
Fax: +44 22 999 0002
Rue Mauverney 28
1196 Gland Switzerland