REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
“ENPI EAST COUNTRIES FLEG II: COMPLEMENTARY MEASURES FOR GEORGIA AND ARMENIA SINGLE DONOR TRUST FUND
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: ENPI FLEG Consultant for support in sustainable forest management planning in Chokhatauri municipality, Georgia (Reference No.: ADA/GEO/C/IC/5).
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is implementing an agreement with World Bank and intends to apply part of the funding for supporting this position in Georgia.
THE SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Support in development of a categorization system for Chokhatauri forest unit:
- Analyze information (including data, statistics, reports etc.) dealing with the forest categorization in Georgia;
- Review and become familiar with current forest management plan and regime, including biodiversity conservation;
- Assess current demands of local population on forest resources in detail (IUCN Forest Dependency study report as well as other available reports and data);
- Analyze existing legal requirements regarding forest categorization with specific consideration of HCV forests;
- Work closely with the World Bank forest inventory teams to get the necessary field data;
- Conduct field work to obtain additional data where necessary;
- Develop a rating system on conducting a categorization and multi-functional zoning for Chokhatauri municipality forests;
- Develop forest categorization maps for Chokhatauri municipality;
- Provide the expert working on the development of the forest management plan for Chokhatauri municipality (Expert hired by WWF) with the chapter on forest categorization (the result of this contract).
This is a 4 month position (30 working days, including 5 days field work).
An expert with proven research and consultancy capabilities and relevant professional experience is required. The following are minimum qualifications:
- Master or higher degree in forestry or other related subject;
- Prior experience on the issues related to conducting assessments related to the assessment of forest condition, zoning of forest functions and sustainable management of forests, forest management planning or in other related fields;
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the current issues of forest management and governance in Georgia as well as knowledge and acquaintance with governmental structures and other stakeholders;
- Knowledge and understanding of and working experience with IUCN regulations and guidelines as well as strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in different cultural contexts;
- Proven ability to prepare and write high quality reports on forest conditions, forest categorization or in other related fields;
- Fluency in written and spoken Georgian and English;
- Computer literacy, including the use of MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word or similar office applications, as well as proficiency in performing internet research to support documents that may be required for program implementation.
The IUCN now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing their services. Interested consultants must provide their CVs with information demonstrating that they are qualified to perform the Services.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out the IUCN Human Resources manual.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the e-mail-address below.
CVs must be delivered to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by August 6, 2017.
Attn: Marika Kavtarishvili, ENPI FLEG Country Program Coordinator in Georgia