Assignment Title: Consulting Assignment for “Identifying Forest Landscape Restoration opportunities in selected communities where Forest Dependency studies have been completed.” ARM/C/IC/7
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) has secured financing from the World Bank toward the cost of implementing phase II of the ENPI East FLEG II Program, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The services include BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Form stakeholder groups in each FD community by identifying and bringing together key individuals, firms, organizations in the region who can capably and reliably identify options for restoring functionality of forest landscapes, and provide information that will help create detailed mapping of forest landscapes within the 10 km radius of the FD community.
- The stakeholder group, together with the help of the field consultant
- Identify priority sites/areas that can be targeted for specific management strategies to restore functionality;
- Stratifying the area – work with the GIS mapping firm to provide supporting and specific information that can be used to create GIS map layers to denote
- Land Cover and land use; Stratified mapping (dividing up the land into various compartments) based on input from the Activity in Section 8 of the TOR that will help identify natural boundaries or other features that differentiate land parcels; Population Density; Forest zoning (different forest types and uses – for example differentiate between plantations and natural forest stands); Road systems; Elevation, topography; Buffer zone forests; Protected areas; Degraded forested land
This is a 4 month assignment with the possibility of extension provided the consultant successfully implements the assignment and complies with the terms of his/her contract.
The position requires an individual with proven experience in English language editing and proof reading and some knowledge of forest and natural resource management issues. Consultant should have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience. The following specific qualifications must be met:
- Masters or higher degree in environmental science and economy, forest and natural resource management, land use with good understanding of GIS, land management, Law or other related subject;
- Prior experience in conducting surveys and researches on forest ecosystem functionality, landscape planning, land use, different types of ecosystem modelling and economic valuation, mapping or other related issues;
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the current issues of the land use, forest and land management and governance in Armenia as well as knowledge and acquaintance with governmental structures and other stakeholders;
- Experience and familiarity with IUCN and World Bank operations and requirements;
- Proven ability to prepare and write high quality reports on forest and natural resources, land use or in other related fields;
- Fluency in written and spoken Russian and English and Armenian is a plus;
- Computer literacy, including the use of MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word or similar office applications, GIS and/or similar sources, acquaintance with the principles of statistical analysis, as well as proficiency in performing internet research to support documents that may be required for program implementation.
The IUCN now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing their services. Interested consultants must provide their CVs with information demonstrating that they are qualified to perform the Services.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011). The selection and exact start date for this position depends on approvals from World Bank. The assigment start date is August 1, 2016, but could be delayed pending required approvals.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the e-mail address below during office hours 09:00 to 17:00 local time.
CVs must be delivered to the address below by e-mail) by July 31, 2016.
Luba Balyan, IUCN Armenia ENPI FLEG 2 Coordinator,