Assignment Title: IT Consultant
(Reference No. GEO/C/IC/9)
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is implementing an agreement with World Bank and intends to apply part of the funding for supporting this position in Georgia.
The responsibilities include:
- Development of a Forest Resource Center for forest related publications
- Develop an online system, a hub for forest related publications;
- Work in close collaboration with relevant IUCN officers in placing forest related publications on the portal;
- Link the Georgian resource center with the international online sources;
- Create database for forest functionality-related information
- Link Forest Resource Center to the databases of relevant public organizations, NGOs and scientific institutions;
- Ensure maintenance and regular update of Forest Resource Center.
- Development of online GeoForestPortal for thematic maps
- Create an online portal for forest related maps (GeoForestPortal);
- Develop online maps with different timing, scales and thematic areas (e.g. forest coverage; forest fires; population distribution; damage to forests caused by natural disasters, etc)
- Work in close collaboration with relevant IUCN officers and representatives of different institutions in obtaining necessary resources for maintenance and further development of online maps;
- Ensure regular update of GeoForestPortal.
- The IT Consultant – developer of forest information database will be responsible for training of the relevant staff of the institution that will take over the responsibility of sustainability of the Forest Information Database after the program ends;
- The IT Consultant – developer of forest information database will provide overall IT related support to the program.
This is a 6 months position with the possibility of extension, provided the consultant successfully implements the assignment and complies with the terms of his/her contract that is based on concrete deliverables.
The position requires an individual, based in Georgia, with proven experience and knowledge of IT Technologies and preferably forest and natural resource management issues. The following specific qualifications must be met:
- Master or higher degree in IT technology or other related subject and at least 5 years Information Technologies;
- Strong understanding of web GIS and Special Data Infrastructure (SDI) techniques, Knowledge of GIS applications and Windows server 2008 configuration, administration;
- experience in IIS, Apache and map server administration, knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS) and Mail server configuration, administration; building of mailing lists and knowledge on network and security architecture;
- Experience of forest and natural resource management issues and prior working experience with IUCN (working experience on ENPI FLEG I is an asset);
- Fluency in English and Georgian;
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in different cultural contexts.
The IUCN now invites eligible individual experts to indicate their interest in providing their services. Interested consultants must provide their CVs with information demonstrating that they are qualified to perform the Services.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011)
Interested candidates may obtain further information at the address below during office hours, from 10:00 to 18:00 local time.
CVs must be delivered to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by March 21, 2016.
Attn: Marika Kavtarishvili, ENPI FLEG Country Program Coordinator in Georgia