REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Assignment Title: Consultant for an Analytical Study on the Value of Forest Functions for Local Population in Ukraine
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is implementing an agreement with World Bank and intends to apply part of the funding for supporting this consultant position in Ukraine.
The Consulting services include:
- Contribute to refining the methodology for conducting the Analytical Study on the Forest Dependency;
- Implement 75-100 household surveys in Ukraine;
- Input collected data into a collective database so that the additional data can be analyzed;
- Contribute to the preparation of country-specific analytical studies on the Value of Forest Resources in the context of rural households and rural communities;
- Participate in a regional conference (TBD – likely in 2016) on forest functionality and present the results of the Study to wide range of stakeholders;
- Participate in the preparation of the results of the Study; and
- Contribute to the development of a peer reviewed article.
An individual with proven research capabilities and at least 5 years of relevant professional experience is required. The following are minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor or higher degree in environmental economy, forest and natural resource management or other related subject;
- Prior experience in conducting surveys and research on economic valuation of the forest and environmental services or in other related fields;
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the current issues of forest management and governance in Ukraine as well as knowledge and acquaintance with governmental structures and other stakeholders;
- Knowledge and understanding of and working experience with IUCN regulations and guidelines as well as strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in different cultural contexts;
- Proven ability to prepare and write high quality reports in economic valuation of the forest and ecosystem services or in other related fields;
- Fluency in written and spoken Ukrainian, and good working knowledge of English;
- Computer literacy, including the use of MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word or similar office applications, acquaintance with the principles of statistical analysis, as well as proficiency in performing internet research to support documents that may be required for program implementation.
The IUCN now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing their services. Interested consultants must provide their CVs with information demonstrating that they are qualified to perform the Services.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011)
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours, from 10:00 to 18:00 local time.
CVs must be delivered to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by August 8, 2015.
Attn: Roman Volosyanchuk, ENPI FLEG Country Program Coordinator in Ukraine
Tel: +380 96 534 30 54
 Additional meaning that there is already an existing database established by the previous phase of this study and this information will be added to it.