REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
“ENPI EAST COUNTRIES FLEG II: COMPLEMENTARY MEASURES FOR GEORGIA AND ARMENIA SINGLE DONOR TRUST FUND
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: ENPI FLEG Consultant for support in sustainable, climate resilient forest management planning in Chokhatauri municipality, Georgia (Reference No.: ADA/GEO/C/IC/7).
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is implementing an agreement with World Bank and intends to apply part of the funding for supporting this position in Georgia.
THE SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Support in the development of a climate resilient forest management plan for Chokhkatauri municipality:
- Analyze existing information (including data, statistics, reports etc.) dealing with the forest and Climate Change in Chokhatauri municipality;
- Gather information in order to study past and current trends and develop future scenarios of climate change in Chokhatauri municipality;
- Carry out a Greenhouse Gas inventory for the forest plot, selected in close cooperation with the National Forestry Agency of Georgia (upon availability of inventory data);
- Work closely with the World Bank forest inventory teams to get the necessary field data;
- Conduct field works to obtain additional data when necessary;
- Assess the importance of Chokhatauri forests in the context of climate change mitigation and adaptation (based on bullet points 1-5 and upon availability forest inventory data);
- Support elaboration of the climate resilient forest management plan for Chokhatauri municipality, including guidance on mitigation and adaptation measures;
This is a 4 month position (20 working days, including 5 days field work).
An expert with proven research and consultancy capabilities and relevant professional experience is required. The following are minimum qualifications:
- Master or higher degree in forestry and/or Climate Change or other related subject;
- Prior experience on the issues related to conducting assessments related to forests and Climate Change, forest management planning, assessment of forest condition and sustainable management of forests or in other related fields;
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the current issues of forest management and governance in Georgia as well as knowledge and acquaintance with governmental structures and other stakeholders;
- Knowledge and understanding of and working experience with IUCN regulations and guidelines as well as strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in different cultural contexts;
- Proven ability to prepare and write high quality reports in forest and Climate Change or in other related fields;
- Fluency in written and spoken Georgian and English;
- Computer literacy, including the use of MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word or similar office applications, as well as proficiency in performing internet research to support documents that may be required for program implementation.
The IUCN now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing their services. Interested consultants must provide their CVs with information demonstrating that they are qualified to perform the Services.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out the IUCN Human Resources manual.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the e-mail-address below.
CVs must be delivered to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by August 6, 2017.
Attn: Marika Kavtarishvili, ENPI FLEG Country Program Coordinator in Georgia